Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday Songs

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to church today.

Because of the girls sleepover and when we were picking them up, we would never have made it to church in time.

The girls had a great time.  And because of the very windy night we had, power was lost from 11:30-12:30 last night.

Sounds like the girls handled it pretty well and not long after losing power, the mom was able to convince everybody it was time to go to sleep.

She used the very sound argument that it was night time anyway and it was time to go to sleep.  And when going to sleep, what do you do?

Shut the lights off, of course.  It must have worked like a charm.  Because the girls went to sleep.

So, while we weren't at church, here are the songs that were sung:
Agnus Dei
As It Is In Heaven
Give Us Clean Hands
Just A Closer Walk With Thee
I Will Rise

I really enjoy As It Is In Heaven.  It is a fairly new song for us to sing.  I think we've been singing periodically for maybe 6 months.


This afternoon I made Aunt Grace's Brownies.  I first wrote about them in this post.

They really are the best.

When I went to cut them today, I picked up a knife to start cutting.  And immediately the brownie was sticking to the knife.  I stopped, irritated.

Then, the light bulb went off in my head.  I suddenly had the thought of reading the tip of how when cutting brownies, it is best to use a plastic knife and the brownie won't stick.

So, off I went to get a plastic knife.  Then I started cutting.  And it really, really does work.  Eureka!

Once I started cutting, the brownie NEVER stuck to the plastic knife.  I will always use a plastic knife for cutting brownies from here on out.

So, next time you make brownies, try it and you will never ever use a regular knife cutting brownies again.  I promise.

I have a physical with a new doctor on Tuesday.  Tomorrow morning I have to go for my bloodwork.  I needed to start fasting at 10 pm.

The last thing I had to eat tonight was one of these brownies.  Ok, maybe I had 2. They were delicious.

Now, the challenge will be getting my morning started without my coffee.  It is guaranteed to be a slow moving morning for me.  At least until I get my coffee.

potd #55.  Cutting brownies with a plastic knife.  I will never cut brownies with a regular knife again.




No comments:

Post a Comment