Friday, February 17, 2012

Silly Squirrel

Ahhh, it's the Friday of a long weekend.

I worked really hard today on my Year of the Cat adventure.

I am working on cleaning out hubby's old office which has since become a catch all room for all things that don't have a permanent home in the house.

In other words, it's a disaster.

So, I spent a good portion of the day going through stuff.  I organized a bunch of pictures.  I went through a lot of the girls' artwork & some previous years' school work.

Gosh it's hard to pick what to save and what to toss/recycle.

All in all, I put a really good dent in that room.  I ended up with 1 bag of garbage, one box of household items to donate, & 1 bag of old clothes to donate.  And I filled my giant recycle bin by half.  And garbage day was just yesterday.

I am officially on a roll.  Yay for Year of the Cat!
cue photo of Charlie the kitty.  Official Year of the Cat mascot.

Through the course of the day, I happened to be doing the breakfast dishes.  And what do I see?
That's right.  A very brazen squirrel had climbed up to the deck to find my suet feeder.

And he feasted.
In awkward positions.

Then I scared him by banging on the window.  That's right, I am a bully of squirrels.

He jumped off, but was soon back for another taste.  Hmmmm.

He even got smart and spun the suet feeder to the other side.  Obviously the larger suet cake on the other side tastes better.  Duh.

Lucy just watched.  Couldn't take her eyes off this squirrel.

Then I opened the door and she ran over & scared him off.

Didn't see him again for the rest of the day.

Scaredy cat squirrel.  All Lucy wanted to do was to say "hi!  wanna be my friend?"

Wonder if he'll be back tomorrow.......

potd #46.  Silly upside down squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment