Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Very Thrifty Day

Sissy & I went thrifting today.  We have a regular round of thrift shops that we go visit.

Savers & Goodwill are the 2 constants.  Every now & then we visit a couple others. One is an independent one that is run by a local hospitals' auxiliary.  Throw in a couple Salvation Army stores and a couple more independent thrift shops and that's a wide variety.

We both have found some good treasures at these various thrift shops.

I have started a nice collection of milk glass.  And last year I found a great old typewriter.

Recently I found the cutest little sundae glasses.  They are just the perfect size to make a small sundae or have a small serving of ice cream for dessert.

Today was a great day at the thrift shops for both of us.  We even discovered a new company to look for that makes milk glass.

Having a phone with internet access is quite handy to have for research while thrifting!

I came home with:
3 milk glass vases
a pyrex bowl like this
2 small Royal China bowls from the 1940's in this pattern
another small sundae glass
1 small Hazel Atlas bowl
12 Archie comics, which the girls love!

Love thrifting days like today.

potd #37.  My favorite find today.  Small bowl made by the Hazel Atlas Company. It's from the 1950's.  LOVE it.  I think I now have a new mission when thrifting and tagsaling......


2 comments:

  1. Love reading this. My mom has a glass additction. When she comes up from LA, I won't be able to let the two of you together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh---I can't wait for mom to come up from LA! We will have to go thrifting and hit some tag sales. So glad you're reading!

    ReplyDelete