Saturday, February 4, 2012

Science Experiment

This afternoon after going grocery shopping for Superbowl food, I tackled a much needed job in the kitchen.

Yes, it was time for the dreaded clean out the refrigerator job, because there are science experiments happening in there job.

Why is it that the fridge goes stays in pretty good shape for so long and then BAM, it's a disaster.  Or am I the only one this happens too?

I can't believe I am, but who knows?

Anyhoo, let's just say that I pulled out many, many plastic containers that needed to be cleaned out and washed.  And there were some jars of various items that were WAY past their expiration date.  How does that happen so quickly?!

So, I started shelf by shelf and emptied and cleaned and emptied and cleaned.  The shelves were also wiped down nice and clean.

Luckily there weren't too many science experiments that needed to be emptied.

I also won't divulge how many containers of sour cream that I had in the fridge. Seriously, how do I forget that I have sour cream?

Clearly I have a mental block when it comes to sour cream.  So, when in doubt a new container is bought.  Huh.

I will say that on the bright side, all the jars that I emptied and are now going through the dishwasher will be used next summer as candle holders on the back deck. Ahhhh, summer!

the aftermath!

an easy candleholder for the summer.  Take empty glass jars and spray with frosted glass spray paint. 

Then I buy citronella tea lights to place inside them & we light them during the summer on the back deck.  It looks very pretty.  Great lighting for a peaceful summer evening.

potd #33.  a dreaded job.  the refrigerator clean-out.

2 comments:

  1. ugh. that is a job i have to tackle too. and i'm avoiding it. blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it really is such a dreaded job! I still have to do the veggie drawer! still avoiding it....

    ReplyDelete