Friday, February 10, 2012

Off to Aunties

The girls headed off to Aunties' house tonight after piano.  They are there till we meet them at church on Sunday. 
  
Two sleepovers.  My girls are in heaven.  A whole weekend at Aunties.  


Sissy lives one town over and is always so good to have D & E over for sleepovers. Not only do the girls get Auntie, but part of the "Auntie package" is my bil, their much older cousins J & K, and my bil's mother, Gramma C.


In their world, Aunties house is da bomb.  Anything goes(mostly) at Aunties.


And when I say Auntie, be sure to picture "Auntie" in marquee lights.


I have always joked that Auntie is to the girls like Cher, Madonna, & Prince is to the world.  So, that's why you picture it in marquee lights.  Because in their world, Auntie has celebrity status.


So, off they went to Aunties' house.  A whole weekend full of fun.  They even toted along their sewing machines that Auntie bought them.  


All sewing is done at Aunties.  Because they know that this mama is still afraid of sewing her fingers. 


Not much planned here while they are gone.  Mostly some organizing of the basement.  


Who knows?   With snow coming tomorrow, I may just spend part of the day knitting my blanket.  That sounds heavenly.


Whatever we end up doing, it will be fun to see the girls at church on Sunday and hear all about their adventures at Aunties this weekend.


Hopefully no one will get hurt.  That's not always the case.  Sometimes there have been falls.  So many for D on one sleepover weekend that they started joking that she needed to wear a helmet!


E has had her share of injuries too.  Even got stung by a bee one time.  That may have been the same weekend they thought D should be wearing a helmet. 


Funny thing is, no matter what happens at Aunties'-- even when they get hurt---they can't wait to go back!  


potd #39.  D wrote this note for me this afternoon.  Everyday for their lunch & snack I write a note on their napkin for them to read at school.  I love it when they write notes like this for me.  It's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment