Monday, February 6, 2012

S.S. Minnow

A few weeks ago when I was away scrapbooking, hubby introduced the girls to Gilligan's Island.  We have a Roku player and he was able to get the episodes through Amazon.


They loved it from the 1st episode of the 1st season.  And I completely forgot that the first season was in B&W.


And, the theme song is different.  Same song, they just don't name the Professor & Marianne.  


Have fun listening.  And you're welcome.  Because I am sure you will want to thank me when you are still singing this tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

Let's just say I have been singing it non-stop since Saturday when the girls had a little mini Gilligan's Island marathon.

It has been all they've wanted to watch on TV for the last 3 days.  I am not complaining.  It is surely better than some of the shows that they watch.

D thinking that her mother is crazy for taking pictures of her while she's watching Gilligan's Island.

took this from the tv.  love it!

E enjoying an episode.  In her words, "that Ginger is so lovey".  Cracks me up!

It has been fun watching some of the episodes with them.  Even now, hubby & I are thinking of other old tv shows to introduce to the girls.

Laverne & Shirley & Happy Days, & Star Trek(they have seen a few of these over at my sissy's) come to mind.  Thoughts on other shows???

potd #35.  The girls got home from school and were being silly in the kitchen.  Love the look on D's face.  So happy that they have each other.  And truly love each other.  Nothing like a sissy to go through life with.

2 comments:

  1. love that last photo! and how about "i dream of jeannie" - i bet they'd love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohhh, yes! I bet they would love "I dream of Jeannie"! these are great distractions from the shows they usually watch.

    ReplyDelete