Thursday, February 16, 2012

VH1's 100 Greatest

There is just something about all those 100 Greatest lists by VH-1.

I get sucked in every time I am channel surfing and come across any kind of 100 Greatest __________.

It could be any of the following:
100 Greatest Songs of the 80's
100 Greatest Songs of the 90's
100 Greatest Songs of the 00's
100 Greatest Songs of All Time
100 Greatest Albums
100 Greatest Hard Rock Songs
100 Greatest One Hit Wonders
100 Greatest Hip-Hop Songs
100 Greatest Dance Songs

You get the picture.  I've seen them all.  Some of them multiple times.

Even hubby gets sucked in to them.  He's a music guy.

Are we the only ones who love these lists?  I shouldn't think so, since VH1 keeps making them.

The hardest part is each 100 is broken down into 5 1-hour episodes.  Each episode covers 20 songs.  Aren't I good at math?

So if I start watching and it is any where in #'s 61-100 I am done for.  At that point I am watching and I am watching it all.  And usually it doesn't matter what time it will end.  Crazy, I know.

But, I have a need to know which songs are at least in the top 20.

Must be some of the OCD that I have.  Maybe.  I am not committing that it's an OCD thing.

If I have seen the list before, then I am ok not watching the whole thing.  But if I haven't, then I really really like to know which songs are on the list.  See, it can't be an OCD thing.

Alright, stop laughing!

So, while waiting to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight, I stumbled upon a 100 Greatest list.  This one is the 100 Greatest Women in Music.

I watched it till Grey's came on & now I am flipping back and forth during commercial break for Grey's.  They are at #46 now.  Toni Braxton.  I know you were wondering.  Kyle Minogue was #47.

So, I am in.  Haven't seen this one before.  I continue to flip back & forth.

From the looks of it this one doesn't end til midnight.

So, no early to bed for me tonight.  Though I will finish watching it up in bed, I am sure.


potd #45.  The fancy box of chocolates hubby sent me on Valentine's Day.  Oh-la-la.






No comments:

Post a Comment