Sunday, February 19, 2012

To the Island We Go

We are off to Martha's Vineyard this weekend.  So, no Sunday Songs for this week.

Though, I did peek at the songs that were sung at todays' service.  

And my favorite is Days of Elijah.


Enjoy.  I love the lyrics.  Whenever we sing it in church, it stays with me all day. 

So, we got up really early this morning to head to Woods Hole to catch a ferry to Martha's Vineyard for Sunday & Monday.



D waiting for the ferry to pull out.

D & hubby.  Love them.

We are here visiting family.  It was a wonderful day, which included a walk with Gramma Suz's dogs.  The weather was perfect.

E walking Gracie.

The path we walked along was lined with bright green moss.  It's the kind of moss that makes you think that fairies could be real.  Gorgeous.

D with Gracie.  Gracie is 14 and is very sweet & slow for the girls to walk.  Until she wanted to go swimming in the pond.  Then I made sure hubby took over.

E with her Red Sox Hat.  I love that it's on all askew. 

Oh my girls.  Could you please not grow any older?  Pretty please????

On our way back.  Absolutely beautiful winter day.

Hubby & I were even able to sneak away for a couple hours to check into our hotel. The girls went to the YMCA to do some swimming with Gramma Suz.  Perfect.  

I had booked us a room with 2 double beds.  I got a great deal using our AAA discount.  Yay AAA!

The plan was for the girls to stay with Gramma Suz, but we wanted to have the extra bed just in case they changed their minds.

Well when we went to check in, Amanda at the front desk asked us if we wanted to upgrade our room to a suite.  

Hubby & I looked at each other with the "well, we will if it doesn't cost too much" look.  So, hubby let Amanda know that our only concern was that we still needed to have 2 beds, just in case our girls decided they wanted to stay with us.

Amanda assured us that we would still have the 2 beds.  So, we said sure but were still a little cautious of the extra cost.

Then Amanda said that it would be just an extra $25.  Well, hello suite at the Harbor View

Off we go to check out our suite.

Holy smokes, is it a suite.  It really should be called a small apartment.  Amanda is my new BFF!

It has 2 bedrooms, with king beds each with its own bathroom.  And a living area/eating area with small kitchenette.  And a gas fireplace.  Wow.

And there is an outdoor shower on a small balcony off one of the bathrooms.  How fantastic is that for summer visits to shower and wash off all that beach sand?

I might not want to leave tomorrow.  Just saying.

After taking a walk down to the harbor, we met back up with the girls.

  Quintessential Martha's Vineyard. 

Kelley House, another hotel in Edgartown.  Owned by same people as the Harbor View.  The Kelley House will forever remind hubby & I of his sweet Aunt Sue.  

Water like glass.  Boy, do I love the water/ocean.  A lot.

Harbor.  Edgartown.

Close-up of a well used fishing boat.

Edgartown Harbor.  Love.

Traps of some kind.  They don't look like typical lobster traps.  Not sure what they are used for.  To trap something, that's about all  I know.

Yup, still don't know what these are used to trap.

And it's a good thing we kept the 2 beds.  Because D & E decided they wanted to stay with us at the hotel.  Now they are enjoying a nice king sized bed.  Sound asleep.

E getting snuggled in for the night.  Happy girl after a long day.

potd #48.  Love this shot of E walking in the woods.  


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, goodness. Those pictures are awesome. They look like the kind you see from professionals. I think you're a professional!! I need a pic class from you! RAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you RAA! love that nickname for you :-) Will be glad to teach you some tricks! You, me & Griffie will have to get together--I know she wants some tips too.

    ReplyDelete