Friday, January 20, 2012

New Year, New Ventures.

I've thought about blogging many times.  Just haven't made the time to do it.  Well it's a new year, so I've decided to bite the bullet and finally get blogging.

I've never made New Year's Resolutions.  I guess this is the closest I've come to coming up with one.

Here's another thing I am hoping this blog will make me do: take more pictures.  I have a great camera and a goal for this year is to attempt a picture a day.  I am thinking that's a great way to encourage me to blog.

Since it's already January 2nd, I will have to post 2 pictures today.

This first one I took yesterday.  Let me introduce you to the.best.brownies.ever.  No lie, after eating these you will be wondering where they've been all your life.  And don't even think about wanting to make boxed brownies again.  Not only are these delicious, they are easy to make.

I was glad to have a family party as an excuse to make them.  It doesn't look so great when you make them and end up eating 1/2 the pan all by yourself.  Yikes.

The recipe comes from my dear Aunt Grace.  She was my Nana's sister.  And she had the recipe for the.best.brownies.ever.  As stories go in families, we *think* she got the recipe from a neighbor or friend who was German or maybe even was a cook for a German family.  

It's that kind of story.  Which makes the brownies even better!

And here's my picture for today.
Meet Lucy, our 2 year old Golden Retriever.  I will probably be posting many pictures of her since my children(twin girls, 8) aren't always the most cooperative when I am trying to take pictures of them.  Humph.  But, then there's Lucy!  She's always ready to smile for me.  

Well, I think that's pretty good for my first day.  Phew, I did it.  And, I promise to be back tomorrow! 

1 comment:

  1. this is actually my 1st post. I went in to edit it & somehow when I was finished, it ended up getting re-dated for Jan 20th-which was the day I edited it. Not sure how to get it back to its original date. Boo!

    ReplyDelete