Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bueller, Bueller

Blogging is hard tonight.  I am getting sucked into a show on the Biography channel.


It is called Inside Story: Ferris Bueller.  An in-depth, behind the scenes show on the making of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.  Jackpot!


If you're a fan of the movie, you should definitely watch it at some point.


I love this movie.  It is just one of those movies.  So many great lines.


Now watching it, I love to see the city of Chicago.  Hubby & I went a couple years ago for our anniversary.  It was a great trip & is such a great city.  Can't wait to go back!


I specifically remember going to see this in the movie theater, way long ago.


It was summer.  And summer meant going to the movies and having sleep overs with your best girlfriend.


Ahhh, those were the days.


My sis, D, took me and my best girlfriend to the movies.  I am pretty sure(remember it was way long ago!) we went to go see it by ourselves while my sis & her friend went to see another movie.


We thought we were so grown up.  Mind you we were 13 and it was the summer between 7th & 8th grade.  Oh yeah, we were so grown up.  Hah!


It was great.  If I also remember correctly, I am pretty sure we went to go see it a couple more times that summer.  Because that's what you did when you were 13. You go see the same movie multiple times in the movie theater.


Now, I am lucky to see any movies in the movie theater.  Of course, we were going to the 99 cent movie theater and not the katrillion dollar movie theaters there are now.


But, even the fact that the movies were 1st run in the 99 cent movie theater is amazing to think of now.


Great montage of some of the best lines.


On a side note, this was also the same summer that Stand By Me was in the theaters.  And, yes I went to see that multiple times with the same girlfriend.  Those were the days.




potd #36.  D came home today with the Scholastic book order form.  Love these things. There's nothing like the promise of new books to buy.

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I caught some of that show last night too. I loved how Paul McCartney was mad they added horns to "Twist and Shout" but it ended up putting the song back on the charts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wasn't it great?! I loved all the behind the scenes info. Think we will have to watch it soon!

    ReplyDelete