Monday, February 20, 2012

Stay Away Cold

Woke up this morning with the start of a sore throat.

I am trying to fight this cold off, but am not sure how successful I am going to be.

Tomorrow will tell me how I am doing in the fight.  We shall see.

Might have to get some Airborne tomorrow.  That stuff is excellent and really seems to work.

Hopefully I won't be too late.

Here are some pics from our day in Martha's Vineyard.

The girls each had a great night sleep in their king size bed.  E was amazed that D didn't kick her all night.  She declared we should always get a suite with king sized beds.  Right E, as soon as you start paying!

I love watching them play & goof around.  They were having fun snuggling on the bed this morning.  Again, could you stay 8 forever please??

I love this clock.  Each bedroom and the living area had a clock like this in it.  It is an alarm clock too.  I think I need this clock.  I mean, really need this clock.  Oh, did I mention our alarm clock got fried last fall during the power outage.  And I haven't replaced it yet.  Now I know what clock I will be buying.

This morning we headed back over to Gramma Suz' and enjoyed a nice breakfast.

We stopped at a donut shop near her house to pick up some muffins.  

Aside from the regular cranberry, blueberry & corn, I also picked up a morning glory muffin.  

It is delicious.  It is kind of like a carrot cake muffin, but different.  And, oh did I mention delicious. Yup, definitely delicious.

Then we were able to go over to her garage/workshop.  Gramma Suz is an amazing sign painter.  She does really beautiful work.  

Her workshop is full of great treasures.  Lots of really neat tools and mysterious sign painting things.  

Lots of wood to carve too.  She not only paints business signs, but hand carves many of them.  Really gorgeous work. 

And, while we were over there she showed me the beginning of a sign that she is going to be giving me.  It has our last name carved in it and she will be carving some morning glories on it and then painting it.

I can't wait to see how it looks finished.  I have no doubt that I am going to love it.

part of her work table with all the paint splatters of years & years of sign painting.

love the large clamps.  These are used to hold signs in place while they are being carved and/or painted.

A shelf with hand planers all lined up.  

After another nice day, we headed back to the ferry in Vineyard Haven.  Pretty view of the harbor from the ferry boat.

Can't take pictures of the harbor without taking one of some buoys.

Great turquoise color on this fishing boat.

If hubby ever runs out of gifts to buy me, he can always buy me any one of the houses that line the water by Vineyard Haven Harbor.  Hah, I wish!

potd #49.  I love old fans.  Saw this one in the workshop & just had to take a picture. Can you imagine those blades running and how large the openings are??  




No comments:

Post a Comment