Thursday, February 9, 2012

Archie & Jughead

I came home with 12 issues of Archie comic books yesterday from the Goodwill store.

I absolutely loved reading Archie comics when I was a kid.

D & E spied them on the counter yesterday and immediately started reading them.  It was so fun to watch them get the humor of comics.



Up to now, they haven't really read any comic strips.

Not like I did when I was their age.

At 8, I lived for the Sunday comics.  And I would read the comic strips in the daily newspaper that was delivered to our doorstop everyday around 4pm.

The Peanuts, Family Circus, Haggar the Horrible, Beetle Bailey, Cathy, Garfield and Dagwood to name a few.  I always tried reading Prince Valiant, but could never get into it.

Later on, Calvin & Hobbes was a hands down favorite.

We don't get the local daily paper nor do we have the Sunday newspaper delivered. So, no Sunday comics for my girls.

I can't even tell you how many Archie comic books I had as a kid.  I may even still have them packed in a box or at my dad's house somewhere.  Hoping I can find them for the girls to read.

It's nice to see that the humor of Archie, Jughead, Betty, Veronica, & Reggie is timeless.

I know that hubby has a couple of Calvin and Hobbes books packed away too. Those will surely be coming out too.

Sure is fun bringing out these oldies but goodies for my girls to enjoy!

potd #38.  Timeless humor of Archie & gang.  Love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment