Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dreaming of Jeannie

The girls had a sleepover with one of their very best friends, S last night.

All the girls played great last night and I didn't even have to go up to tell them to go to sleep.  I did hear lots of moving well after they were supposed to be asleep, but I let them be & sure enough soon after all was quiet.

As usual, they were up early this morning.  But, again they were great & off they went to play in the basement.

I was happy.  It bought me another hour or so of sleep.  Yay!

After a very yummy breakfast of homemade sticky buns, the girls decided they wanted to watch some I Dream of Jeannie.



D & E stated watching Jeannie last weekend at Sissy's house.  Like Gilligan's Island, they are hooked!

Man, I am loving my Roku right now.

So happy they are watching shows like Gilligan's Island and I Dream of Jeannie.

So much better than some of the junk that is on Nickelodeon & Disney right now.

Anyhoo, they wanted S to watch Jeannie.  I don't think S knew what she was getting into, but she was a great sport.

And then, she was hooked

I absolutely love the look on S's face in this picture.  She was happy watching Jeannie & she had Lucy laying in her lap. What more could a girl ask for?!?!

I love the fact that these shows seem to be timeless.  And that my children are enjoying them so much.

Let's just say there was a lot of snuggling going on while watching.  S is ensconced in the "cozy corner" of our couch.  That's the official term for that spot.

And it gets called when they are headed to watch tv.  Kind of like shotgun.

"I call cozy corner" and done you get the corner.  And it truly is cozy.

Sitting in the "cozy corner" right now.  And very happy about that.

So, including our dinner out tonight with friends--including S's parents R&S---the girls spent a total of 27 hours together.  Non-stop.  And it was perfect.

All were happy, albeit sleepy when we got home from dinner tonight.

potd #47.  This pic says it all about these girls.  Nothing like being completely comfortable with one another. We always joke about S being part of the family when she is with us.  From the looks of this pic, that's not too far off!  I am so glad they have each other.  It is fun to watch them grow up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment