Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Feels Like Spring!

It's February 1st and the highs were in the 60's today.

That is not a normal occurrence around here.  The normal highs for this time of year are usually in the 30's.

I am definitely not complaining.  No sir-ee!

I love spring like weather in February.

The grass, which usually looks pretty dead and brown this time of year, actually has the teensiest hint of green to it.  Now that is a sight to see in the dead of winter.

And that is really what we are in right now, the dead of winter.  Smack dab in the middle of the winter season.

And it was 60 degrees today.  Wahoooo!  

Now, tomorrow is Groundhog Day.  My personal opinion is that the groundhog better not be predicting a long last 6 weeks of winter.  

No way, that would not settle right with me.  

I am quite hopeful that this stretch of pleasant weather will continue.  Because I am really not kidding when I say that after last winter I am way t-i-r-e-d of snow.

So, on this glorious day I took Lucy out in the yard to throw her ball & "Mr. Duck" around.  She really is the perfect retriever.  

She just doesn't like dropping so much.  So, I trick her.  I use the old bait & switch trick.

Maybe not the best tactic for getting her to drop, but it works for me.  

Giving Mr. Duck a little bit of love.  Yes, she knows him by name.  If you head out to the yard and say, "Lucy go find Mr. Duck" she will run off and look for him til she finds him.  

We also have "Mr. Chicken" who is just like Mr. Duck, but is a chicken of course!  She loves them both.

Mr. Chicken was actually lost for a while last fall in the woods behind our house.  

One day in early December I took her out to play for a bit.  She took off to take care of business and then went wandering in the woods.  

She was gone for quite a while and was not coming when I called her.  I was starting to get a tad annoyed with her for not listening.

Then, all of a sudden she comes tearing out of the woods.  And who does she have in her mouth?  Mr. Chicken!  She came running so fast over to me, so excited!

I could almost see it in her eyes saying to me, "Look what I found Mom!"

She was so funny bringing Mr. Chicken to me like it was the greatest prize ever.

potd #30.  Let's just say she's a very happy dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment