Thursday, February 2, 2012

Late, Late Bedtime

This mornings' alarm came way too quickly.

Since before Christmas I have been in the habit of going to be much too late.

Normally I would go to bed around 11ish.  Then it started to creep later, then even later.

Now, I am mostly not going upstairs till close to midnight or later.  Then I watch a tiny bit of TV to get myself sleepy.

I have found that the Military Channel is an instant eye closer for me.  

Under normal circumstances, I do actually enjoy watching documentaries.  But, at 12:30 a.m. it's a wonderful way to go from being fairly awake to instantly asleep.  

Must be something about the old black and white war footage.  

I think that my bedtime has crept later & later because it is the time of day when I can finally sit and relax. 

Being a mom, I don't really relax until after the girls are in bed & asleep.  And now that they are getting a bit older that doesn't happen until around 8:30.  

So it is at that point of the night when I can knit, check email & surf the web a bit, watch a little TV, continue to do laundry, and now I have added blogging to that list.

Each night I tell myself that I will head up to bed a bit earlier, but so far that's not working so well.

Funny how I am so good at imposing bedtime on my children but not so much on myself!

Today was a pleasant day that included a visit with a dear friend and 2/3 of her children.  She just recently had a little girl 3 weeks ago, so it was nice to get some baby snuggles.  Her middle son & I had some fun playing with Batman & Robin but I missed her oldest since he was at preschool.  

From there I headed off to lunch with 3 friends.  Today was J's birthday, so my friends R & A, and I took her out to lunch. 

We met at noon.

We talked, laughed, ate, talked, laughed, laughed, talked, ate dessert, laughed, talked, and laughed.  You get the picture.

And then R looked at her watch and it was 2:50!  Somehow 3 hours had gone by. We couldn't believe it.  

But considering the amount of laughing we did, I am not surprised.  Such a great time.

 potd #31.  These are the clay gift tags I made last week with my sissy.  They are  stamped with music notes.  I love them.




No comments:

Post a Comment