Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Big 5-0

No, not me!

This is my 50th consecutive post.  Phew!

I certainly wasn't sure I was going to enjoy blogging as much as I am when I started this way back in January.

But, I am.  It is such a great creative outlet for me.  And, I love that it is making me get more adventurous with my camera.

So, here's to the 1st 50 posts and each 50 posts that come hereafter.

Cold update:  still here, but fighting it off with Zicam.  Due for another dose soon, but can tell that it has already helped my sore throat.

A funny story from getting the girls showered and to bed tonight.

E went up first and asked Hubby to put some music on for her, specifically rap. Which means The Beastie Boys. That girl loves The Beastie Boys.

Tonight Hubby decided to introduce E to Blondie.   And one of the early rap songs. Yup, Rapture.

Man, I love that song.  I remember being about her age and buying the 45 that had Rapture on it.  It was the best.

I loved going in my bedroom and listening to it over and over on my record player.

 
And even tonight listening, I am immediately drawn back in time to my bedroom growing up.  

Sitting on the floor near the record player.  Just waiting for the song to end so that I could pick up the needle and start the song again.

And listening intently during the rap part.  Trying to write the lyrics down as quick as possible.

After her shower, I was sharing with E about how I had the record of that song when I was a kid.  Now, she knows records because Hubby collects them and we listen to them too.

Hubby came in as I was talking to E about Rapture.  I mentioned to E that I thought my 45 was at my dad's house and I would have to see if I could get it at some point.

E came to my "defense" and told Hubby that if I got the 45 that it wouldn't be his! She's so sweet, sticking up for me & my old records!  

So, Hubby said that he had the 33 and didn't want my 45.  

Then Hubby asked E if she even knew what the difference was between a 45 and 33.

And, you know what she said?

E said, "Isn't it, like 12?????"  Hubby & I just looked at each other and laughed and laughed!  E didn't get it and asked us, "well, isn't it??" And again we started laughing.

Come to think of it, we never did explain it to her.  We were still too busy laughing.

Guess that is a lesson for another day.

Dinner tonight was Burgundy Pork Tenderloin.  It is so easy to make and really very delicious.

Served it with a baked sweet potato and a salad. Yum.

Slice 1 stalk of celery and thinly slice 1/2 an onion.

Place pork tenderloin in 9x13.  Sprinkle on it salt, pepper, garlic powder.  I usually use rosemary too.  I am out, so I put some oregano on it tonight.  

Then sprinkle over the tenderloin the chopped celery and sliced onion.

Now, the best part.  Pour 2 cups of red wine over all.  Place in 350 degree oven and bake for 45 min.

This little packet makes the gravy.  And the gravy is good.  When the meat is done, take it out of the oven.  Place tenderloin on platter.  Now, take the packet of brown gravy mix and pour over wine, juices, onions, & celery.  Stir.  And voila!  Gravy. Yum.

So glad the girls love sweet potatoes.  They are so yummy and good for you.

potd #50.  My copy of the Burgundy Pork Tenderloin recipe.  I love adding handwritten notes to my recipes.  It helps me remember what I add/change. 




No comments:

Post a Comment