Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dr. Ama aka Drama

Apparently I have to watch my cholesterol a bit.

It's 214.  And anything over 200 is a red flag.

Ugh.

Otherwise, my dr's office went really well.

According to my bloodwork, my bad cholesterol-the LDL-is bad by 5 points.  They like to see the number between 0-130 and mine is 135.

Maybe it was all the brownies I ate on Sunday.

Or the really yummy burger I had at the burger bar on Saturday night for dinner.

Hmmmmm.  I am thinking when I go back in 6 months I am going to have to be really good before I get my bloodwork done.

But, I will try to be good on a regular basis too.

Oh, and apparently exercise will help to lower my cholesterol too.  Guess I am going to have to seriously look into that.  Exercise.  Why can't it be called something happier?

Luckily, my neighbor is the physicians assistant at my new doctors' office.  She was fabulous.

She answered all my crazy questions.  And told me we had coyotes in the neighborhood.  Who knew?  Not me!

She also sprung a tetanus shot on me.  She's lucky I still like her.

As she was going through her regular list of questions, of course she came to the one "when was the last time you had a tetanus shot?"  Once she asked me, I knew I was in for it.

I looked at her and shrugged.  And said, "Uhhhh, I don't know.  Can't remember." The whole time I was thinking, "oh *@&#$!!!!  I 'm going to get a shot today!"

Yeah, there was no avoiding the shot.  How sweet of her to give it to me in the right arm instead of the left.  I am a leftie.  Quite considerate of her.  Like I said, it's a good thing I like her!

I also informed her that I was pretty sure in going to the appointment today that she was going to tell me that I had some awful thing wrong with me.  And that I was near death.

Yeah, no drama with me.  Aka Dr. Ama.

But, I am healthy.  Yay!  Thanks A.  Glad you're my neighbor and my health provider.

Oh, and doesn't the ice cream I just had count more as calcium than as fat?

potd #57.  Keys to the old typewriter I bought last year at a thrift shop while thrifting with Sissy.  Love it.  And just a couple weeks ago E noticed there is no 1 on it.  Huh. After looking at it, we realized that they must have used the lower case l as the 1. Learn something knew everyday.

2 comments:

  1. On The Amazing Race they had to use a typerwrited like that will no number one and type up this long thing and at the end of it they needed to types a code with numbers. They had to figure out that they needed to use the lower case l for the 1. It was very funny to watch them all under stress trying to figure it out! Good for E for seeing that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see little tidbits like that are still useful! If only we had been on the Amazing Race! Ha!

    ReplyDelete