Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pinterest Apprentice

Last week I received a Facebook message from a friend asking me if I could help her navigate around Pinterest.

My friend, C, had joined last fall but had not really experienced Pinterest to its fullest.

See, she knew I was an avid pinner.  Being a follower of mine, she knew I was the right person to help her learn how to really pin things, create boards, and learn how to find all the fabulous things there are to find on Pinterest.

Gosh, do I sound obsessed?  Perhaps I am a wee bit obsessed.  But, I am good with that!

So, after going back & forth a few times, we decided to meet this morning(while her youngest was in preschool) for coffee and a Pinterest lesson.

Suddenly, yesterday I realized that I had my very first apprentice.

I did not take my task lightly.  C & I spent a laugh filled 2 hours searching, creating boards, & pinning things for her.

We may have strayed off topic a few times or 20, but who's counting!?!?

And I have a feeling I may have a few more apprentices waiting in the wings for me. C informed me when we met this morning that she had mentioned to a common friend of ours that she was meeting me for a lesson in Pinterest.  Being the smart woman she is, our common friend immediately expressed interest in Pinterest.

A few Facebook posts later and a few more wanted to know what this "Pinterest" was!

So, it looks like I will be apprenticing a few more on the ins & outs of "pinning" on Pinterest.

And I will say my session with my first apprentice seemed to be successful.  This afternoon, I logged on and noticed that C had been very busy pinning away.

Yay C!  Can't wait to see what she pins now!

potd #29.  Pinterest screenshot.  First Pinterest Apprentice Session = Success.

No comments:

Post a Comment