Thursday, May 3, 2012

2 Reasons to Love Pinterest This Week

I have to say I really do love Pinterest.

I visit the site every day for a little bit.

Sometimes more than once a day.

And I must confess sometimes for more than a little bit.  I just get lost looking at all the pretty pictures.

I am a bright shiny light girl.

I am easily distracted looking at all the things there are to see on Pinterest.

And, boy, there are a lot of things to see.

Crafty things.  Food things.  Garden things.  Decorating things.  Clothes things. Inspirational quotes things.  Travel things.

Lots and lots of things.

Yes, it's a time sucker.  But, I don't care.  I love it.  And it loves me.

So, this week I have made 2 recipes that I have found on Pinterest.

One recipe was actually brought to my attention by my friend C, my Pinterest Apprentice.

It is called Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken from Six Sisters' Stuff.

Oh my.  It was delicious.  All 4 of us loved it.

I served it with white rice and steamed broccoli.  Yum-o.

The only change I made was that I doubled the sauce amount.  That was per C's recommendation.

And it was a great recommendation.  In doubling the sauce, we had plenty to use over the chicken and the rice on our plates.

Yup, definitely yum-o.

Too bad I didn't get any pictures.  Looks like I'll have to make it again.

You know, for photography purposes.

Now onto tonights' dinner.  Which is the 2nd recipe.

It is called Southwestern Stuffed Peppers from Simply Love Food.

Wow.  They were fantastic.  And again, all 4 of us loved the stuffed peppers.

I am so happy and lucky that my girls are such good eaters.  Very fortunate in that area.

Here are the peppers all stuffed and ready to go in the oven.

I served them with some cornbread on the side.  My family loves us some cornbread.  Yum.

Some of us used the green Tobasco sauce and sour cream on them too.   That would be Hubby, E, and myself.

D liked hers as is.  And she's not a fan of the green Tobasco or sour cream.  D really is not a condiment girl at all.

Hubby also added some red Tobasco.

My girlfriend, K's youngest calls the red Tobasco "hot ketchup".  I just love that, "hot ketchup".  But, I digress.

This is my plate, just before I sat down to eat.

After cooking the peppers for 20 min, you pull them out and sprinkle some cheese on top.

Then the peppers go back in the oven until the cheese gets all melty.

Perfect.  And oh so good.

The best part is that I have some of the filling leftover.  I think it will make super yummy burrito filling.

Can't wait to try.  I can't see how it won't be yummy.

So, if you're looking for a some new dinner recipes, try these.  They will not disappoint.

And if they do, call me.  We'll eat your leftovers.

potd #122.  I just loved using the red, yellow and orange peppers for the Southwestern Stuffed Peppers.  They were so sweet and yummy.  And pretty.

5 comments:

  1. You know what would be better than you telling me about the tummy food you made? Making it Nd inviting me over. Me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should really proof it before I publish it. Tummy should be yummy Nd = and.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. luckily I could decipher it! And I thought it was funny that you typed tummy instead of yummy! it made me chuckle!

      Delete
  3. I will make the stuffed peppers this week, they sound so good! My boys are not fans of the sweet and sour stuff, which makes me sad :(

    I have enjoyed Pinterest so much! I still have folders of photos I ripped out of magazines in high school...so this is my cuppa tea(i've pinned some pictures of that, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's so sad the boys don't like sweet & sour....you could always 1/2 the recipe & just make it for yourself! That's what I would do =)

      And I too have a box filled with pages of magazines that I've ripped out! Slowly going through them & recycling it all.

      Delete