Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Off To Sing

Tonight was concert night at school for the girls.

Chorus concert.

D&E all dressed up.  I love the natural smile on D.

All the kids looked very cute tonight.  Nothing like seeing close to 100 3rd graders all dressed up together.

The girls all wore dresses or skirts.  The boys were in nice pants with most wearing button down shirts and ties.  Too cute.


My 3 favorite songs that they sang tonight were:  Old Joe Clark, Froggie Went a-Courtin', and The Cat Came Back.

I think we sang Old Joe Clark back when the girls and I took a music classes when they were younger, before they started Kindergarten.  It sounded vaguely familiar and I recognized most of the lyrics.

Froggie went a-Courtin' is one of my favorite kids songs.  It was on a cd that we had by Laurie Berkner.  It was always a favorite.

I also think that Laurie Berkner did a version of The Cat Came Back.

It was easy to see which songs were the kids' favorites tonight.

When they sang loud and enthusiastically, that song was a sure favorite.  Soft, quiet singing generally meant they thought the song was just ok.

And of course, there were more girls than boys in the chorus.

It was good to see the boys that were there tonight.  Just about all of them are sweet, kind boys.

All in all, a great concert and fun to watch.

Yet another sign that the school year is winding down to a close.

A little sissy love before the concert.  Love the lip puckering.

 potd #142.  My beautiful daughters.  Looking way older than I am ready for them to be.



6 comments:

  1. Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Glad I talked to you otherwise I wouldn't know who my "anon" was!!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures. Love their dresses. I had completely forgotten about "The Cat Came Back". I used to love that song, I will surely be singing it all day today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jenn! and you can thank me or curse me later when all you can do is sing "the cat came back"!!!

      Delete
  3. They are so beautiful, inside and out!!! R

    ReplyDelete