Monday, May 21, 2012

Lunch Out With Nana

Today was a great day.

My Nana is back from being in Florida for the winter.  She's 95, going on 96 in September.

She, my dad, and my Uncle T(who owns the house at the Cape) all came back last Tuesday.

It's good to have them back.  Although I didn't get to see UT before he headed to the house at the Cape.

Living near us is a new thing for my Nana this summer.

Previously, she lived with my Aunt N(my dads' sister) in the city that my dad grew up.  In the house that she had lived in for almost 50 years.  About 1 1/2 hour away from where we live.

Very suddenly and sadly, my Aunt N passed away last October.

My Sissy wrote a wonderful wonderful blog post the day Aunt N passed.  It still makes me cry every time I read it.  The pain of losing someone you love can be so sharp at times.

So, after losing Aunt N it was decided by my Dad and his 2 brothers that Nana would spend the summer with my Uncle and Aunt who live about 15 minutes away from Sissy, me, and my Dad.

And during the winter, she would live with Uncle T in Florida.  Fortunately, my Dad, Uncle T, and Aunt N had all bought condos within a 1/4 mile of each other.  Uncle T and Aunt N's condos were in the same complex, just different buildings.

And so, now Nana will be living just 15 minutes away for 5 months of the year.

Today was the first opportunity that Sissy and I had to get Nana and take her out for a bit.

Our 1st stop was at CVS so that Nan could get some cards and a few other things.

Then it was off to Restaurant 99 for lunch.  And we had to be firm with her that she wouldn't try paying for lunch.

This after she tried to buy my & Sissys' few items at CVS.  Silly Nana.

We told that when we took her out over the next few months, we would be treating her.  No ifs, ands, or buts.

And I will tell you she really didn't like us telling her that.  She has a bit of stubborn in her.  Guess I know where I get my stubborn from.

I am sure that this won't be the only time we have to tell Nana that we will be treating. Remember, she's stubborn.  Cute as a button, but stubborn.

It was just wonderful to spend the day with her.  No matter how old I am, I always feel like a kid when I am with her.

She also gives great hugs and kisses.  Nothing like getting a hug and kiss from your grandmother.  Even at my age.

I look forward to being able to spend more time with her this summer.  And I really look forward to the memories my girls are going to make with her this summer.

Nana is always good for a game of cards, or 2 or 3 or 4, with the girls.  And they love playing with her.

Here is a picture of D&E with Nana at her 95th birthday party last summer.

And because I was so busy having such a good day with Nana, I almost forgot to take any pictures today.

Just as I was starting to lose light, I snagged D to come outside with me for a couple pictures.

Sweet D.  I love the freckles that are coming out on her face.  Just like me.  Just like Nana.

Love this girl.  Can't believe they turn 9 in a month.  Yikes.

D's new sparkly shoes.  My girls are giving me fits right now trying to buy shoes for them.

I have just about given up on getting E shoes other than flip flops or sneakers.  E is right in between sizes.  Bad for shoe buying. Yet I keep trying.  And keep returning what doesn't fit.  Oh well.

potd #140.  My feet and D's feet.  Not much longer and we will be sharing shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment