Thursday, May 17, 2012

Grrrrrrrr

The title pretty much sums up how I am feeling about my computer right now.

I believe I am running out of disc space.

I keep getting lots of bad warning boxes.  And I keep trying to delete files to no avail.

And my computer is S-L-O-W.

So, this is going to be a quick post.

Which is such a bummer.

The girls had a field trip today.

Up to our towns' Green.

It's a day for the 3rd graders to experience life in our town in the 1800's.

Dressing up like a child in the 1800's is expected.

All the kids looked great.

They visit the old Jail and a local museum that was the house of a prominent family in town.

They also go to the Congregational church on the Green for a mini school lesson like the children of the 1800's would have experienced.

And on our town Green itself, they do an art lesson drawing any one of the old buildings/houses. They also have a music lesson which includes singing songs from the 1800's as well as learn a dance from that time period as well.

It truly is a great way for the kids to learn about what our town was like in the 1800's. Our town was founded in 1715, so there is quite a bit of history all around us.

It was such a fun day.

And now I am tired.

And my computer is not making me happy.

Boo.

Hopefully I will get it figured out.  And can post all the fun pictures I took today, tomorrow.

potd #136.  D&E dressed up like children in the 1800's for school today.  Looking pretty good.  They had a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment