Friday, May 25, 2012

Games, Rides, and Fried Dough

After tonights' lacrosse game, we headed to the carnival.

Every year on Memorial Day weekend, one of the churches in town holds a carnival.

The girls like to go.  They like to play games.  They see lots of friends.  They don't ride too many rides.

E thought about going on one of the bigger rides.  And then she decided the line was too long.

And really, all the lines were long for the big rides.  To say there were a lot of teens at the carnival is an understatement.

Of course, there were only 4 rides for the bigger kids.

The little rides didn't have very long lines.  So, they went on the big slide, walked through the fun house, rode on the rocket ships, and went on a teacup-like ride.  They were happy.

Hubby & I were happy because that used up all our tickets.

I was really happy because I got my fried dough.  I love fried dough.  Mmmmm.

Lights for the slide.

Yes, there are people in that oval cage.  And there is another oval cage on the other end of the arm.

Hubby is always examining the rides when we go to carnivals.  He's funny.  He is pretty convinced that they are all death traps with bolts just waiting to fall off and have the ride come apart.

I can't say that I disagree.

I am sure that they do a good job to make the rides safe.  They just look a little sketchy.

Stuffed animals just waiting to be won at the Whack-A-Mole game

Ran into my friend R and her daughter S near the cotton candy booth.  They were getting some cotton candy to go and then were headed home with her hubby and son, M.

Candy apples.  I like the idea of candy apples, I just don't really like the taste.  And they are hard to eat.  And sticky.  Guess I just like to look at them and not actually eat them.  In case you were wondering.

D about to throw darts at balloons.  She was so cute.  She won herself a small stuffed dolphin and then she wanted to try again so she could win E a dolphin too. She did and was so happy to give it to E.

E then played and won herself a little bit bigger dolphin.  And wanted to play again. This time she won a small stuffed bear, which she immediately handed over  to D.

Sweet Sissys.

Love the stuffed animals.

The swings.  E thought about going on.  Then she thought again.  Mostly because the line was long.  She's not very patient.

It was a good night.  A fun start to a holiday weekend.

potd #144.  The scoreboards for the Whack-A-Mole game.  Didn't realize it at the time, but I caught E's reflection.  She is wearing her pink sweatshirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment