Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sunday Songs on Mother's Day

After a relaxing morning at home, we headed to church for our morning service.

Here are the songs we sang:
Fortress

Ancient Words is one of my very favorite songs.  Love the lyrics.  They are just beautiful.

Mother's Day is always a nice day to be at church.  There is a wonderful tradition of recognizing all the mothers, grandmothers, and sometimes(when there is one at the service) even great-grandmothers during the 1st part of the service.

The church buys many, many carnations.  And all of the children & grandchildren are encouraged to go up to the altar and get a carnation for their mom or grandmother(or perhaps great-grandmother).

This goes for young and old.  It's sweet to see the grown children getting carnations for their moms and it is always sweet to see the young dads carrying their babies up to get flowers for the new moms.

Even now, my 2 carnations are in one of my small coffee pots on my kitchen windowsill.  Love them.

This morning I was treated to breakfast in bed.  Oatmeal with blueberries, strawberries & pecans and coffee.

And my sweet girls gave me the sweetest "card".

D&E started working on this Friday after school down in the basement.  I wasn't allowed to see it until today.

They wrote the sweetest phrases to me.

They each have such loving, kind hearts.  Guess Hubby & are doing something right.

I love that they worked together to make this for me.

I also love that E made sure to do the petals on the flower like a heart.  

It's a sure keeper.  May have to bring it out in the teenage years.

I told them both this morning that the best Mother's Day gift they could give me would be if they didn't fight all day.

They didn't.  And that made me very happy.  

I joked with them at bedtime tonight that tomorrow might be Mother's Day Part 2. Just for the no fighting!

D picked this rose bush out for me at the local garden center.

After going out for Indian for lunch, we headed to the garden center to get some flowers.

E picked out this white peony.  

I picked this miniature lilac.  It is called a "Bloomerang" lilic bush.  It is supposed to bloom 2 times.  Once in the spring and then again during the summer.  All you have to do to get it to re-bloom is cut off the flowers from the spring when they are done flowering.

Pretty D.  Love those blue eyes.

Pretty E.  Love this natural smile.

D&E at just over 8 weeks old.  My goodness, where have the years gone?

Sometimes motherhood is hard.  Sometimes it's easy.  Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it's frustrating.  Sometimes it's sad.  Sometimes it's comical.

But, through it all there is the love.  

And there really is nothing like the love a mother has for her child/children.  

I lost my own mom a long time ago.  Now being a mom myself, I wish I could tell her how much I love and miss her and appreciate all the things she did for me. And I am sorry for driving her nuts.  

Love my girls.  So much.  

Even when they are driving me batty.  

And I just love the random hugs I get.  Sure hope they don't outgrow those.

potd #132.  I just love my Mother's Day banner.  D&E were just too cute giving it to me this morning.  Happy and proud.  Simply adorable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment