Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Rainout

It was raining again this afternoon.  And still is raining even as I type.

Which means the girls' lacrosse game for this afternoon was cancelled.

Boo.

Which now meant that I needed to cook dinner tonight.

Not that I wasn't going to feed my family if it wasn't raining.  But, now I really had to cook something for dinner.  And not just throw something together.

I do like to cook.  When I have the time.  And with lacrosse being rained out, I had the time.

So, I decided to make a couple recipes that I have found from a website I came across on Pinterest in the last week.

One is for Peperonata.  It is a wonderful tomato sauce made with the addition of roasted red peppers.  So, so good.

Freshly roasted red peppers.  So good.

The sauce called for San Marzano tomatoes.  Never heard of them.  Didn't think I was going to find them in the grocery store.

And lo and behold, there they were in the the canned tomato section.  Score.

This sauce was delicious.  I served it with Parmigiano Panko Herb Encrusted Chicken Breasts.  Wow.  So good.

I made some penne to go with the chicken and sauce.  So we served dinner with penne, a chicken cutlet on top and then the Peperonata over everything.  A salad on the side and dinner was complete.

Delicious.

I really think I should have been Italian.

I really love Italian food.  And I really enjoy cooking Italian dishes.

Have decided dinner tomorrow night will be the leftover chicken cutlets and sauce made into sandwiches.  Super yum.

So, all in all it turned out to be a good night.  And we have a scrimmage tomorrow and game on Thursday.  We won't be completely lacking lacrosse this week.

Now if we could just get the sun to return.

potd #134.  The Magic 8 Ball.  My friend, K, and I somehow got to talking/joking about the Magic 8 Ball yesterday when we were picking our kids up at school in the afternoon.  Look what I found today in Target?  Had to buy one & with a quick text to K, I got one for her too.  The girls & I had lots of fun playing with it this afternoon and evening.  Could become an excellent parenting tool.


1 comment:

  1. Oooh, this recipe looks yummy! We are also so sick of the rain here, but also enjoy nights home together.

    ReplyDelete