Saturday, May 19, 2012

Back In Business

I.am.tired.

Today was a full day.

9am softball game.

D played great at catcher.  

From there we headed to the annual Spring Fling Fair at the girls' school.

Lots of fun.

Raffle baskets, games, crafts, food, cotton candy, a cake contest, dunk tanks, bounce houses, penny candy, crafts, and face painting.

So many fun things to fit into a short period of time.  Wish we had more time to spend at the fair, but that was not in the plan for today.

From the school, we headed to a lacrosse tournament that the girls were playing in with their team today.  

The girls headed over with Peter.  I jumped in the car with my friend K and her son.  I figured with Hubby just back from a 3 day trip, it was a good time for some daddy/daughter bonding time.

And I got some adult conversation with K.  It was a win/win for everyone.  Well, at least I think everyone.  I never did hear from Hubby what he and the girls chatted about on the way.

And what a day at the tournament.  Phew.

Four games were played.  At 2pm, 3pm, 5pm, and 7pm.  In a tournament, the games are 25 minutes long.

In the first game, we had to wear pinneys since both teams were wearing red.  Here is D getting ready to play.

All the girls played great today.  And it was hot.  Very hot.

By the last game, you could tell all the girls were quite tired.  Neither team was running very fast. 

It was lots of fun.  And we were joined by my father-in-law and his wife, T.  It was great to see them and they got to see the girls play 3 of the games.

They even got to see E play goalie.  She did great.  Made a few saves.  One with her head.  It was quite a thunk when the ball hit the helmet.

It was a long, fun day.

And we were all happy to get home.  

I think the girls were fast asleep within moments of their heads hitting their pillows. Nice, clean heads after a nice, warm shower.  

Hubby was sweet enough to fix my computer troubles when we got home tonight.

Apparently I had too many pictures on the laptop.  Go figure.

So I got yelled at about too many pictures.  Ok, Hubby didn't really yell at me.  More like I was spoken to about too many pictures.

Hubby moved all my pictures onto our external hard drive.  And freed up somewhere around 80 gigs of space.

Apparently 80 gigs is too many pictures.  I disagree.  I just need more space.  

Either way, my computer is happy now.  Thanks Hubby.  Even when you're being cranky with me about too many pictures, you're still pretty sweet.

Guess I'll keep him.

potd #138.  E playing goalie today.  She loves playing goalie and I am a nervous wreck when she plays goalie.  Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment