Friday, May 4, 2012

I Registered for What?!?!

I think I may have lost my mind.

Today was 1st Friday.

Went to R's house.  K(from the 'hood), C(chai), and A were there too.

I needed to sneak out for a bit to get my nails done.

When I came back, I was informed that we were all going to be doing the Diva Dash to help A celebrate a milestone birthday.

I think my first response was, "No way."  Or something very close to that.

I protested and told them they were crazy.

And yet, somehow I found myself being registered.  Huh.

"It will be fun", they said.

I am still not convinced it will be fun.  Maybe, we'll see.

But, I do know that my girlfriends are way fun so that is why I am doing it with them.

And I have decided this will be a good way to work toward being in shape, healthwise, before I turn my milestone birthday next April.

I did warn them there may be some whining from me.  They laughed.  And hopefully they will still love me when I do whine.

Luckily, I think K will be doing some whining with me.  And J, who wasn't there today, is doing it too.

I think this will be a good memory maker for us all.

If it doesn't kill us.

Just kidding.

Good friends, good memories.  Love that.

Now onto our evening activity.

The girls had an away lacrosse game.

D played goalie.  Which, I admit, makes me nervous.

She did great.  Some shots got passed her.  That's ok.

Best part is she made 2 fabulous stops.  Batted the ball right down with her goalie stick.

Yay!

D getting goalie gear on with Coach K.

E played the game on the defensive side of the field.  She did an excellent job.

She got called for checking.  Oops, not supposed to do that.  But, atta girl E.  Get in there and try to get the ball!

Before the game, she came over to me with tears saying she wasn't feeling well.  Her stomach hurt.

After going to the port-o-potty(ewwww!), she headed back to the team.

And played the whole game, no problems.  Phew.

E running up the field after getting the ball away from the opposing team.

Good job, E!

Tonight when she was taking her shower, she told me that she thought she was nervous before the game.  That was why her stomach hurt.

Sweet girl had pre-game jitters.

Our team won the game tonight.  So far they are 4-0 for the season.

They are doing great.  Next game is Tuesday.

It was also fun to have my girlfriend, yet another C(!) stop by the field with her 3 kiddos. She lives in the same town where we were playing.  It was good to see her.

Her youngest is just 4 months old and so sweet to hold.  Hubby & I fought over holding her.

C's older 2 are boys and they keep their Mama on her toes.  And they are too darn cute!

D&E were quite happy to go get ice cream after.

 potd #123.  Let me introduce you to my friend K's(the girls' coach) youngest, W.  I love that his ear is folded in half because his hat is all askew.

W is the one who calls red tobasco sauce, "hot ketchup".  Love that.  It makes me laugh every time I say it.  Think he's an Oklahoma fan?  I am thinking it's due to the fact that K is from Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment