Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Isn't She Lovely

It has become our habit with D&E to play music for them during their shower.

It's a great way to open them up to some different music than what they hear on the radio.

Our staples for shower time are:
Norah Jones
Beastie Boys
The Beatles
Stevie Wonder
The Buena Vista Social Club

They like all of the above.  And it's quite a variety of music.

If you haven't listened to Buena Vista Social Club, you must.  They are simply fantastic.  Great Cuban music.

Here is one of our favorites.  D loves The Buena Vista Social Club so much she keeps asking me to put it on her ipod.

If you listen to any new music this week, go listen to Buena Vista.  You won't be sorry.

It is quite funny to watch both girls dance to this while in the shower.  Very funny. Let's just say, they've got some moves.

E loves Beastie Boys.  Specifically "No Sleep Til Brooklyn".  Usually when it's her turn to pick music, it is always Beastie Boys.

She's got some moves too.

Here's "No Sleep Til Brooklyn".  Can't hear this song without thinking of E.  Love that.

Tonight as D was getting ready for her shower, she says to me "We haven't listened to Stevie Wonder in a long time, mom."

Well, how about that.

I just love that my 8 year old knows, appreciates, and loves Stevie Wonder music.

Love.it.

One of D's favorites?  "Sir Duke".  Enjoy.

Music has always been a big part of the girls' life.

Here is Hubby playing guitar for D when she is about 2 months old.

Ever since I was pregnant, he has been playing for them.

He actually picked D's name from a song.  I did not like the name when I first heard it.  I was convinced it was a boys' name.

But then he kept playing it.  And I really listened to the lyrics.  Sure enough, it was a song written for a girl.

So, Hubby won me over.

And now, I hope that they will someday dance to that song together at D's wedding.

And I will surely cry.  A lot.

It's fun to have music as an integral part of our family life.

And there is nothing like a good old-fashioned dance party during shower time.

Good memories being made.

potd #141.  There are 2 nests on the backside of our house.  One in the elbow of a gutter and the other in a large lilac bush.  Not sure which one this bird is watching over.  I think it's the one in the lilac bush.  Hope we can get a glimpse of the babies at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment