Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Home Again

E went to school this morning.

She didn't stay.

Her head hurt when I dropped her off today.

And she lasted a couple hours.  Then her head hurt.  A lot.

She went to the nurses' office.  And stayed there for a bit.

I got a call.  While in Target.  Boo.

The nurse told me she would keep her and hopefully the headache would go away.

It didn't.

So, 30 minutes later I got called again.

While I was on the phone with the peditricians' nurse.  I was touching base on how to handle this whole head injury thing.

After finishing with the peds' nurse, I call the school nurse back.

And she tells me E is still not feeling well.

So, instead of going clothes' shopping for myself, I head to school to get E.

The one thing the both nurses told me was that E needed to rest.  No TV, just resting.  No visual stimulation.

At home today E did nothing.  And she was bored.  Which was a good indicator of her head hurting.

Halfway through the day I let her do some watercolor.  That was good.  Kept her busy.  That was good.

By the end of the day, E was feeling ok.

Tomorrow is a 1/2 day.  Thinking she will go.  We'll see how she feels.

Doctor says her head may hurt for a couple more days.  If it hurts more than a couple more days we need to go back to see them again.

Really hoping she is feeling even better tomorrow.

potd #127.  Made Pasta Fagioli for dinner tonight.  Always serve it with these snowflake rolls from the local grocery store.  Yum.  So good with butter and dipped a bit in the soup.  Double yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment