Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lily of the Valley

I just love this time of year.

Every time I take a walk around the backyard, there is something new blooming.

Today, it was the Lily of the Valley I noticed.

I love it.

The dainty little flowers.

The green leaves that protect the dainty little flowers.  Such a vivd green.

And the smell.  Oh, the smell.

So fragrant & sweet.

All it takes is just a couple of those dainty little stems in my kitchen and the fragrance fills the room.

Ahhh, Spring.

The bloom time is so quick.

And if it rains hard, forget it.  Pretty blooms gone.

Hoping the heavy rains hold off for now.

Today I only took pictures.

Tomorrow, I plan on picking as many stems as I can to bring in the house.

potd #121.  Sweet, fragrant, dainty Lily of the Valley.


No comments:

Post a Comment