Saturday, May 26, 2012

Pre-Historic Plant

Did lots of yard work today.

It was hot.

There were a lot of weeds in the garden area.  And quite a few rocks in the upper area.

Boo weeds.  Boo rocks.

Some were easy to pull out weeds.

Others were very hard to pull out weeds.

As in, need a shovel to dig it out weeds.

This is one of those "need a shovel" to get weeds.  Seriously, these things are tough.

And wait till you see the root system.  I fought with these things all day.

I am pretty sure I won.  For now.

The real question will be tomorrow morning.  And whether I can get out of bed.

We shall see.

potd #145.  Yes this is the root system from one of those weeds.  A ginormous, really pre-historic looking root.  I think I will be fighting these weeds for a few years. Because on many of them I was unable to get the whole root system out.  So, these are my new nemesis in the garden.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my. I can't believe how big that root is. I'm surprised you won! R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it crazy! And I barely won, though I was moving good today!

      Delete