Sunday, May 20, 2012

Opening Day

No, not for baseball.

It was opening day for the pool today.

The weather has been gorgeous the last couple days.  Just gorgeous.

Bottle up and keep gorgeous.

And now the pool is open for the summer.

Ahhhhhh, summer.  I just love the lazy days of summer.

An open pool is a happy pool.  And a newly open pool brings the promise of summer fun.

I love summer fun.

E dipping her feet in the newly open pool.  It was a bit cold.  But not too cold for an eager 8 year olds' feet.

Surprisingly, the pool was not green.  Hubby was able to get just about all of the leaves off the top of the cover before we took it off.

And while we were taking it off, we did pretty good not dumping what was left on the cover into the pool water.

This weeks' weather looks quite nice.

The girls are hoping that it will be warm enough to swim next weekend.

I am pretty sure they will be getting into the pool no matter what the water feels like.

And with the pool looking so good to start, I am sure that Hubby will have it crystal clear by the end of the week.

E giving me a little smile.  She was tolerating me.

D&E have 4 full weeks of school left, plus 2 1/2 days.

With our busy schedule of dance recital, lacrosse games, piano recital, and my niece K's high school graduation, I am thinking those 4 weeks are going to go by pretty darn quick.

Can't wait.

Summer's looking pretty good right about now.  Long, lazy days of summer.

Ahhhhhhhh.

potd #139.  E scoping out the pool.  Planning her many hours of swimming in the months to come.  She is convinced that she is tall enough to jump straight into the middle of the pool.  I am sure it will be one of the 1st things she tries to do next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment