Thursday, March 1, 2012

Like A Lion

It snowed pretty much all day today.

Luckily, the temperature was warm enough that it did not stick to the roads.

And we did not have a late start to school today.  Which surprised me.

I was really expecting to have a late start today.  Oh well.

The girls were just fine with their school day starting on time.

Bonus was that I got to keep my hair color appointment.  Which was greatly needed. And greatly is an understatement.

Let's just say that I have now dropped down to every 5 weeks for my color.  Ugh.  I hate getting older.

Watching my cholesterol and coloring my hair more often.  Yup, getting old stinks. Oh sure, there's worse words going through my head.  But, this is a family friendly blog.

More importantly, I hate that early graying runs in my family.  On my dad's side.  It sure is a good thing I love my Nana so much otherwise I might be really upset with her father.  Apparently that's where it comes from.

So I've been coloring since I've been 26, maybe 27.  See, I am getting old.  I can't even remember when I had to start coloring my hair.  Double ugh.

Worse than the coloring is the waxing of my eyebrows.  Now that hurts.  And T, my colorist, takes great pleasure in torturing me while waxing my brows.

She always has to pluck a few stubborn hairs.  Today she actually plucked my skin. She is really lucky that I love her.  Otherwise I might not have her torture me anymore.

Oh, who am I kidding?!?!  Of course I am going to let her torture me.  I hate plucking more than I hate the waxing!

And I really do love her.  Remember, she takes my grays away.  That trumps any pain I may suffer while having my eyebrows waxed.

Love you T!  And you make me laugh!  It's almost like not even being tortured.  Well, almost.

I got home today and Lucy was very sweet.  She was very cozy with E and Hubby's sneakers.

As Hubby says, Lucy's nose almost looks like E's sneaker.

Just moments before, Lucy had her nose completely in Hubby's sneaker.  She is a very funny dog.

As I was sitting on the floor trying to get good shots of her, she got up and tried to curl up in my lap.  Like I said, she's a very silly dog.

She's 60 lbs., but she thinks she's still a 10 lb. puppy.  She likes to be as close as possible.  She is just too sweet.

potd #59.  Lucy laying on me as I am trying to take a picture of her.  She has gotten herself all snuggled up and curled in between my legs.  And laying on my stomach.  I am on my back with my camera just about above my head trying to get a shot of her. Love this dog.


2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how alike we are, I am also super gray and have a stylist who delights in taming my eyebrows! Love your blog so much, it's so funny getting to know someone you went to high school with 20 years later :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad I am not the only one getting tortured! I am so glad you are enjoying--I am having lots of fun writing. I am finding it is a great creative outlet for me :-)

    ReplyDelete