Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday Songs & A Hike

After missing the last 2 weeks, we were back to church this week.

Our regular pianist was away this week, so the music was a bit different this week.

We sang a couple medleys of hymns.  They were nice, but I really enjoy the more contemporary music that we sing.

The other 2 songs that we sang were:
Be Unto Your Name
Blessed Be Your Nam

With these two songs, we had guitar played by my nephew J and our regular drummer accompanied him.  They did a great job.

Enjoy this version of Blessed Be Your Name. 

This afternoon after church we all took a hike on a local trail.  We go to this trail quite a bit and Lucy really loves it.  Part of the trail follows a small river and then loops around a pond with a dam.

Lucy loves getting in the water.  Even when it's cold out.  Brrrrrr.

The weather was perfect and it was just wonderful to get outside.

D walking along a fallen log.  There is always something to look at along this trail. And lots of logs to walk on.  Hard to pass up a log to pretend that it's a balance beam.

Lucy attempting to pull up a tree root.  Go Lucy!  She thought it was a stick and started to pick it up and then kept pulling and pulling and pulling.  Needless to say, the tree root won.

D & E found a little water fall in the river that was created by a fallen log.  

While taking pictures, I played with my aperture a bit to get the motion of the water. Of course, everybody kept moving.  And left me behind taking pictures.  

Because of the storm we had last fall, there have been many fallen trees along the trail.  Now, from clearing the trail there are many cut logs along the way.  The girls love looking at all the pieces that have been left behind.

Took this photo for E.  She was sure to point it out to me.  She was very cute.  "Look Mom!  Look at this log and all the moss it has!"  With an exclamation like that, I had to take a picture.  

Hubby humoring me while I take a picture of him.  Yup, lots of humoring going on in the photo.  Probably doesn't help that I was singing his nickname while taking the picture.  "Moonshadow!", sung in the tune of "Goldfinger" from James Bond fame.

And this is where he got the nickname, Moonshadow.  Hubby bought this hat early last winter.  And then we had upteen feet of snow.  And all he did was wear this hat. One day I happened to notice the tag on the side, "Moonshadow".  And that was the moment he became Moonshadow.  It fits him.

E with her Red Sox hat.  I love it when I can get her to smile naturally at me.  Too many times she forces her smile.  And trust me, a forced E smile is not a good smile.  I love the natural smile. 

D with her blue eyes.  Sometimes she is not always wanting her picture taken.  But boy when she does, jackpot!  She has such an easy natural smile. Love it.

potd #62.  At the start of our hike.  Wish Lucy was turned toward me.  Oh well.  It's a great pic of Hubby, D & E.

4 comments:

  1. I love that last picture! Glad you guys got outside today. It was a good day to go for a romp in the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks--just wish Lucy was turned around. In other shots, she was looking perfect & D was so not paying attention to me! Oh well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. where is this hiking place. I'm thinking the kids and I need to do some hiking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R-it's actually the one that K&C take Bella to a lot. It's a fun trail.....we should all go sometime--the kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete