Monday, March 5, 2012

Happy Daffodils

I just love Daffodils.  To me they just shout "Spring!"

Every year at this time the bunches of daffodils show up at the local grocery store.

Always just weeks before St. Patrick's Day.

Aren't they just so happy looking?

20 daffodils for $5.  Can't pass them up.  There is nothing like having fresh flowers in the house this time of year.  Dreams of gardening outside are starting to dance in my head.

It's usually about this time of year I always regret not plantng hundreds of daffodil bulbs in the yard the previous fall.  I think I shall put it on the list of things to do this fall.  For sure.

Earlier today Sissy and I were able to get out and run some errands.  And do some thrifting of course. 

At one of our stops, I found a small glass coffee pot.  I would guess it holds 4 cups. It is the perfect vase for my daffodils.

Last week I had bought a larger, 6 cup, vintage glass coffee pot.  It will look perfect holding daisies this summer.

Think I have a new mission when thrifting.  Vintage glass coffee pots.  Perfect.  And you know how much I love coffee.  Perfectly perfect.

My kitchen windowsill looks much brighter today with the daffodils.  Ahhh, spring! How do I love thee?

Another great find today is this Fire King Blue Heaven casserole dish.  I love it.

It was a good day thrifting.  Sissy thinks we may need to start our own thrift shop someday.  You know, to sell off some of the things we're collecting.  Silly Sissy!

potd #63.  Pretty Daffodils.  Small glass coffee pot bokeh.  Love.

3 comments:

  1. I love your coffee pots. I have to get some of my own. And they look super pretty with the daffy-dills in them =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea, I wouldn't have thought to use a coffee pot as a vase! I have errands to run today and I think I will have to add daffodils to the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sissy-yes you should!

    @jenn-hope you found some daffodils in your travels today. They really are brightening up my kitchen! And you should thrift for a coffee pot too, unless you have one already :-)

    ReplyDelete