Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Conservatory

As per usual, our day has been busy.

Girls had basketball today.  No baskets for either girl.  C'est la vie.

There is always next week.  Thankfully the girls are just happy playing.

After bball, they headed off for the day to my mother-in-laws.

And Hubby & I went home to start planning the bookshelves that Hubby is thinking of building for the room that is the formal living room.

But, who really needs a formal living room these days?

Certainly not us.  That is why we are turning it into what we are calling, "The Conservatory".

You, know like in the game Clue.  As in, Professor Plum with the lead pipe in "The Conservatory".

We came up with the name one day when we were trying to figure out what to do with that room.  At one point we thought we were going to make it into an office.

But, the more we thought about it the more we realized we don't need an office anymore than we need a formal living room.

The one thing we did know is that we wanted to have bookshelves in that particular room.  And we decided that it would be somewhere that my Hubby could put some of his music/vinyl records and a turntable.

Hence, we came up with the name "The Conservatory".  I was really just joking around when I threw out that name and it has stuck.

So, Hubby drew up some plans of what type of shelves we wanted and off to Home Depot we went.

Let's just say I spent the time taking pictures of the lumber/pine/oak while Hubby talked out his plans to me.

I tried to pay attention, but I was in boy land.  And sometimes when I am in boy land I zone out.  So, I tried to pay attention and answer appropriately when asked questions.

Sometimes I just nodded and said "ok" when I wasn't sure what he was talking about.

What we are figuring out is it may just be as expensive to build the bookshelves(including his time) as it would be to purchase them already made.

Not sure at this point what we are going to do.  So, ultimately we didn't get much accomplished.  Which seems to be a trend for us lately when trying to do things like this.  Hmmmmm.

potd #61.  Some lumber that may or may not be used in bookshelves that Hubby may or may not build himself.  I think the jury is still out on what we are going to do on the bookshelf front.  Sure hope the jury comes back with a verdict soon........


2 comments:

  1. UGH! The Home Depot/Lowe's make me tired. I usually sit in the car and read. That's my favorite way to go to those stores. R

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even hardly go in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot! Back when we lived at the other house & re-did the kitchen there was one visit to HD for plumbing stuff.....I swear we were in that one aisle for hours. Ok, maybe it wasn't hours but it sure did feel like it! You are smart to read in the car!

    ReplyDelete