Saturday, March 24, 2012

23 Questions

Yesterday, I did some Year of the Cat cleaning.

I had a couple bags of paperwork/notebooks that needed to be looked at and yesterday was the perfect day to get it done.

Luckily, most of it could be recycled or thrown away.

I did come across some cute drawings by the girls that were saved.

I also came across a few notebooks.  I collect notebooks kind of like I collect sour cream.  If I am out and I think I need a new notebook for some reason, I buy one. Only to find out when I get home that I had a perfectly good notebook that could have been used.

I really buy notebooks because I like to make lists.

So, a couple of the notebooks had old Christmas lists written in them.  One had the plans for a girlfriends' baby shower.  Another had the descriptions I had written of many things I had sold on Ebay way long ago.

I cleaned out those notebooks--tearing out the used pages.  Then keeping what was left to use another time.  Let's just hope the next time I am out and think I need a notebook, I remember there are about 5 notebooks(at least) back at home ready to be used.

One notebook I came across had a list of questions/answers that I had asked the girls a few years ago.  I can't remember where I found the list of questions.  The answers the girls gave me are quite funny.

Here are the questions/answers as I found them written in the notebook:

1.  What is something Mom says?
D:  Be good, Be kind, Be helpful(I came up with this when the girls went to Kindergarten, saying it to them each day when they got on the bus & I still say it to them)
E:  We can't wash our bouncy balls anymore(this is funny!  they love to collect bouncy balls and loved to wash them in the bathroom sink sometimes.  Let's just say water was a problem.)

2.  What makes Mom happy?
D:  when we snuggle in the morning
E:  when we listen to you

3.  What makes Mom sad?
D:  When I lose something that's very special
E:  When we are at school and you miss us

4.  How does Mom make you laugh?
D:  when you make funny faces
E:  when you tickle me

5.  What was Mom like when she was little?
D:  you had wavy hair and a cute nose(I'd like to think my nose is still cute!)
E:  you had small green eyes

6.  How old is Mom now?
D:  35
E:  35

7.  What does Mom like?
D:  Ice cream
E:  your necklace with the baby shoes

8.  What is Mom's favorite thing to do?
D:  Snuggle with us in the morning
E:  Bake

9.  What does Mom do when you're not around?
D:  Go shopping
E:  Shop with Auntie

10.  If Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
D:  Because you'll be rich
E:  Because you're a good teacher

11.  What is Mom really good at?
D:  Baking
E:  Baking cookies

12.  What is Mom not very good at?
D:  Playing piano
E:  Cutting pineapple(I'll have you know I am an expert pineapple cutter now)

13.  What does Mom do for a job?
D:  Take care of us
E:  Take care of us & feed us

14.  What is Moms' favorite food?
D:  Pesto pizza
E:  Pizza( I am guessing we most likely had pizza for dinner the night before we did this!)

15.  What makes you proud of Mom?
D:  You listen to God
E:  You listen to Auntie(ok, sissy, don't let this go to your head!!)

16.  If Mom was a cartoon character, which would she be?
D:  Ariel
E:  Jerry from Tom & Jerry

17.  What do you & Mom do together?
D: Snuggle(she is definitely my happy snuggle girl, since she answered it so many times!)
E:  Shop

18.  How are you & Mom the same?
D:  We have freckles on our noses
E:  We both have green eyes

19.  How are you & Mom different?
D:  I have blue eyes & you have green
E:  I have big lips & you have small lips

20.  How do you know Mom loves you?
D:  You give lots of kisses
E:  You snuggle us

21.  What does Mom like most about Dad?
D:  His spiky hair(haha!!)
E:  He's handsome

22.  Where is Moms' favorite place to go?
D:  Target or Florida
E:  Disney World

23.  How tall is Mom?
D:  15 lengths
E:  18 lengths(these both make me laugh so hard!  What is a length?!?)

I just love that I did this with them.  And I am so happy I came across that notebook.  Their answers make me laugh and smile.

I think I am going to sit down with them and ask these same questions again.

It will be very interesting to see if any of the answers are the same.  Or not.

potd #82.  This is a close-up of a hob nail milk glass bud vase I found while thrifting with Sissy this week.  It is marked "EO Brody Co" on the bottom.  The EO Brody Co. was a famous maker of milk glass.  They are out of Ohio.  From what Sissy & I are learning while thrifting, Ohio was a hotbed for milk glass and pottery(dishes, plates, etc) making.  Thank goodness for a smart phone when thrifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment