Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Chai For Me

I am a coffee girl.

I like my morning coffee.  Two cups is perfect.  Sometimes I may stretch it to 2 1/2 cups.

I enjoy coffee.  A lot.

I will sometimes have an extra cup in the afternoon or if I am out running errands.

Lately, I have started to cheat on coffee.  Not my morning coffee.  Oh no, never that.

Morning coffee is absolutely necessary.

But, when I am out.  That is when I have a new love.  And it is all thanks to my friend C.

Let me introduce you to my Grande 5 pumps, non-fat, light water Chai.

It is delicious.

I first had it last winter when my girlfriends and I were headed away for our scrapbooking weekend.  We stopped at Starbucks and C was all set with her order.

She shared with us her "regular" order and let's just say she's definitely a regular at Starbucks.  Being undecided, the rest of us decided to also have C's regular order.

And, oh my.  Was it ever good.

Fast forward to this past January.  Again we were headed away.  And again we made a stop at Starbucks for C.

Though I should say we really stopped for all of us.  And yes, we all got the Chai.  And yes, it was as good as I remembered.

The difference is now I am finally brave enough to order it myself.  Although, the first time I did, I had to send C a text to double check that I had everything right.

I did.  So, to the drive-thru I went.  And I read the order from my text to C.  And it was delicious.

Today I was finally brave enough to go into the Starbucks at our local Barnes & Noble and place my order in person.

And it was delicious.  I have decided as long as I can get to a Starbucks, it shall be my new drink when I am out & about.

I even got my friend J to work up the courage to order one for herself.  Although, I haven't talked to her to know if she did it through the drive-thru or in person.

I will have to check tomorrow.  I did get a text from her after she got her Chai and she said, "Yum!"

potd #64.  We are painting our dining room.  And The Conservatory.  Picking colors is hard.  Stopped at our great local paint store and the owner let me borrow his paint sample fan deck.  It is great fun to play with,  I wish I didn't have to bring it back tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So funny that we both wrote about coffee yesterday. I may have to write down this chai order and try it, it sounds wonderful, but like you , I would be so intimidated to order it! Can't wait to see what color you pick for the conservatory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great minds think alike! definitely try it--it is very yummy! Thinking about going with some sort of brown combo for dining and a grey/blue combo for conservatory....maybe....

    ReplyDelete