Thursday, March 15, 2012

F.R.O.Z.E.N.

Frozen doesn't even come close to describe how cold I was standing outside while the girls had lacrosse tonight.

Numb.  That's a good word.  So is icicle.

Lacrosse was from 5:30-7:15ish.  And it started out not so bad.  A little cold.  Ha!

By about 6ish it was really cold.  Really, really really cold.  I am really not exaggerating.  You can ask my friend A that I was standing with tonight.

So much for the spring-like weather we have had for the last few days.  Now, mind you I am sure the temps were still in the low 50's tonight.  But it was windy.  And that makes it C.O.L.D.

A wide view of just some of the kids out playing tonight.  This is the 3rd week of a lacrosse clinic.  Next week is the last week.  All age of players come out for the clinic.  Kids from age 8-high school age participate.

I think even my camera got cold tonight. In order to get the far away shots, I put on my big zoom lens.  But it was not happy at all.

The first few pictures I took with it weren't too bad.  Then it didn't seem to want to focus.  Hmmmmm.

Result = me not taking many pictures.

By this point my hands were so cold I was ok with putting the camera away & just keep my hands buried in my vest pocket.

Yes, you read that right.  My VEST pocket.  See, I wasn't really planning on it being that cold.  So I wore a vest and a light long sleeved t-shirt.  Won't make that mistake again.

My only saving grace was that I was able to spend the 90 minutes chatting with my good friend A.

We talked and laughed a lot.  I probably would've been way more frozen if I had not been laughing so much.  Thanks A for hanging with me!

I think next time it's this cold we tell the girls we are waiting in the car.  Most definitely.  And use the heated seats.

D with her stick, goggles, and mouth guard.  And new top.  All geared up.  She loves the goggles.

Even with all the running they did, D&E were even cold.  So, we made our way to the car.  And blasted the heat.  And I turned my heated seat on.  And I was still frozen/numb when we got home.

The girls enjoyed a nice hot shower.  I am thinking I won't be completely warm until I am all snuggled in bed later.

A hot cup of tea might help.  Not to drink.  Just to hold the mug.

Just kidding, I'll drink it. But not until I've held it for a good long while.

potd #73.  E all geared up too.  She's wearing a new pullover.  Hubby always calls them Sporty Spice when he sees them in "sports gear".  He's very funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment