Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wee Bit Of Irish

I have just a few freckles.

Okay, maybe more than a few.  I've never actually counted them all before.

I am a lot of Irish.  I'm also a little bit of German, some French Canadian, and even a little bit of Native American.

But, I really consider myself Irish.  Isn't it funny how many of us are more than one nationality, but there is always one that we identify closely with.  Interesting.

So, being Irish I am looking forward to going to my Sissy's house Saturday night for our annual corned beef dinner.  Yum.

Before my dad decided to become a snowbird for the winter, all of us would always go to his house for the annual corned beef dinner.

So glad my Sissy has picked up that torch.

I decided on Monday that I would try my hand at making Irish Soda Bread. Surprisingly, I have never made it before this week.

I love it.  Plain is good, warmed in the microwave is real good, but toasted with butter is best.


The recipe that I found(which I then pinned on Pinterest of course!) called for carraway seeds.  While I like them, I didn't use them because I wasn't sure how the girls would like them.

It is delicious.  And it was easy to put together and bake.  Double bonus.

Hubby loves it, D loves it, I love it.  E, not so much.  She tried it, I'll give her that. But she is just not loving it.  That's ok.  More for the rest of us!

D & I both had a piece this afternoon.  Toasted with butter.  Oh so good.

potd #66.  Here is my toasted piece of Irish Soda Bread.  Super yummy.  Love it on my Jadeite Fire King plate I found thrifting a couple weeks ago.

Before I leave for good tonight:
Happy Birthday to my father in law!  He's celebrating a milestone today.  I won't say which one.  Love this picture of Hubby, the girls and Dad.  Happy Birthday Dad!



No comments:

Post a Comment