Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday Songs

Today was Friend Day today at our church.

Of course, we can bring friends any week!  But a couple times a year we have official "Friend" days.  On those days, our pastor explains a bit more why we do certain things during our service.

And, we get to have donuts.  Yum.

This morning for Sunday School, we brought S and her brother M with us.  My friend R met us at church in time for donuts before our regular Sunday service.

The kids were all excited to come out of Sunday School class all with their own packages of Peeps.

I was shocked that D actually liked the Peeps this year.  Usually, she tries them and really wants to like them, but just doesn't.  Today she liked them.  There was no question for E & S--they love them.  M was bummed when he had one only to discover that he really doesn't like them.  S was excited because that meant she got to have his package too!

The songs that we sang today:
That's Why We Praise Him
We Fall Down
Who Am I
For All You've Done
Give Thanks
God Arise

I had a hard time picking a favorite song from today.  I really enjoy all of the songs we sang today.

I ended up choosing Who Am I?   I hope you enjoy it as well.

Dinner tonight was Pasta Fagioli.  The recipe I have is the Olive Garden recipe.

I happened to get the recipe a couple of years ago when I was volunteering at the girls' school.  I was making some copies for E's 1st grade teacher when her K teacher popped into the copy room.

She needed to make a quick copy so I let her use the copy machine.  As we were chatting about E, I saw that she was making a copy of a recipe.  I asked her what it was for and she shared with me that it was a recipe for Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli. She had found it online at CDKitchen.

I couldn't believe it.  We love Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli.  So, she made me a copy too.

I made it for dinner the next night and could not believe how good it tasted.  Super yum.  And we all loved it.

So today was a bit cloudy, rainy, and more chilly than we have been used to over the last 2 weeks.  A perfect night for Pasta Fagioli.

E loves to help me make it.  Today she chopped the celery and then helped add in all the beans, tomatoes, and spices as they were needed.

It is one of the easiest recipes to put together.  And the result is absolutely delicious.

The copy I have from E's teacher cuts the recipe in half.  And that still makes a lot of soup.  The full recipe makes a whole lot of soup.  Which would be good to freeze.  Unfortunately, my largest pot won't hold a full recipe.

Chopped onion and slivered carrots.  Honestly, chopping the celery and the onions are the hardest parts of making this recipe.  The carrots are bought slivered.  Easy, peasy.

potd #83.  Olive Garden Pasta Fagioli.  I love that I have the recipe in Mrs. B's handwriting.  She has such great printing.  Perfect for a K teacher.  I have always said since E had her that if I ever grew up to be a teacher, I would want to be just like Mrs. B.  She is just one of those teachers.  Simply wonderful.  She will be long remembered.  And both girls love going back to visit her.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for "friend" day. We loved the service. If we ever leave our church and need a new one, we won't even have to look. Love your choice in songs. I love Casting Crowns. R

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you came. You are always welcome to come, any week!

    ReplyDelete