Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A Battle and Some Spuds

I am tired.  Beat.

Had a little battle with the girls tonight while they were taking their showers.

Ugh.

In the spirit of Year of the Cat, I had cleaned out the girls' closet this morning.  I left about 5 dresses on E's bed neatly folded.

E was in the shower 1st and D followed her up a few minutes later.  A little bit after that, I went up to check on things.

When I got into their room I saw strewn about on D's bed the dresses that had previously been neatly folded on E's bed.

So, I go into the bathroom where both girls are and innocently ask, "Who tossed all the dresses that were folded on E's bed all over D's bed?"

And what do I get?  From each of them  "not me", "I didn't do it".

Really?  Do I look stupid?

Long story short, let's just say that there was a bit of yelling on my part.

I tried to stress the fact that I wasn't worried about the dresses and was more upset that one of them was lying to me.

My gut tells me E did not do it.  I really think that D did it.

And, she kept telling me that she even though she didn't do it, she would take "the blame" for it.  Bleck.  Hate these moments in parenting.

Lots of crying from D.  Going to let her stew on it a bit and talk to her tomorrow. Need the time to think about the best way to handle her.

Now, prior to that bruhaha, we had a wonderful evening.

Hubby's younger brother, C came to visit us today.  He and Hubby went for a hike during the day.  They were home for dinner and we had a great night.

Before dinner, the girls had to decorate a potato to bring to Awana tomorrow night. Awana is a Christian program run by a local church.  It is very much like scouting where the kids learn Bible verses and earn different levels of rewards.  They love it.

We decided to go with the Angry Birds theme.  D decided to do the red bird and E did the green pig.

D working on her red bird.

E cutting green felt for her pig.

Gluing her green felt onto the potato.

D getting the googly eyes glued on.  Starting to come together.

E putting some of the finishing touches onto the pig.  She did a great job.

Nice work E!  Can't wait to hear how Awana is tomorrow night!

potd #71.  D's red Angry Bird.  She even added some red feathers to the top of the head and black feathers for a tail.  Forgot to take pictures!  May have to add a couple tomorrow of the girls & their potatoes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure kids ever understand that we're always more upset about the lying than the actual incident! I wish there was a way to illustrate it to them. It's so funny that even though my kids are almost 6 years apart and a boy and a girl, I see so many similarities in them and your girls. At least we have each other to vent to. In the light of the morning, it always looks a little better, but in the heat of the moment I see red!

    Great potatoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love in hearing this from you is that kids are all the same!!!! Phew, it's not me--it's them!! And I see red too---must be the Irish in me =]

    They had fun with the potatoes!

    ReplyDelete