Friday, January 27, 2012

Rainy Friday

Today was a very rainy day.  As in torrential, hard to see when you're driving rainy.  Or torrential as in I don't like driving next to really big trucks on the highway rainy.

It rained hard for much of the day.  And always at its hardest when I was having to get out of the car.  Why does that happen?

Although, the rain today is much better than the snow that could have been falling.

It IS January.  Todays rain would have been around 8 inches of snow.

So, while I didn't necessarily like the rain I was having to drive/walk in, I am extremely grateful it was not snow!

Let's just say after last winters' astronomical  snow amounts & this October's snowstorm, I am really enjoying the mild winter we are having up to this point.


our deck from last winter.  Yes that is the tops of the 2 chairs in the picture. Somewhere under all that snow is not only the table, but also 4 more chairs.  It was insane.  And yes, that is why I am grateful for a mild winter so far.

Now excuse me while I go knock on every piece of wood that is in my house......


potd #25.  Rainy day.  This is the same table that was buried in snow last year.  The pine tree is Emma's attempt at growing a tree.  We'll see how it goes.  What it does need is a new pot and not the one Lucy was playing with in the yard during the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment