Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Touch of Sunshine

A little bit of Florida arrived at our house today.  My dad--who is a snowbird--sent us, really the girls, a box of Honeybells.

Oh my, these are the sweetest,  juiciest oranges you will ever eat.  In the words of my hubby, "all oranges pale in comparison to these"!

They are so good, I think I may just be ordering another box for us.

The season is short for these yummy oranges.  I believe from the Harveys' Orange Groves website, it will be over around the end of January.  I better get that order placed before they run out!  Which I have heard from my dad happens.

Trust me, they are that good.

Here are the yummy sweet Honeybells sent to us by my dad.  Yum!

I can't wait for breakfast tomorrow!

Today is a day I get to spend with my sissy, she lives close by and we are lucky to spend lots of time with her and her family.  She works at a local library and has Mondays & Wednesdays off.

We have a great time running errands, shopping and thrifting together.  Today we had a bunch of errands to do & did a good job at getting them mostly done.

I did buy some new yarn today to start a blanket that I have been wanting to knit.  I even started it tonight at knitting--which I get to do with sissy too!

Our last shopping stop today was at Homegoods.  Not there for anything in particular, just browsing.  Well, in our browsing I found a turquoise blue ceramic bird that just had to come home with me.

She is just oh so pretty!  It was love at first sight.

potd #16.  Isn't she purty?  Once I saw her there was no question, she was definitely coming home.

No comments:

Post a Comment