Wednesday, January 11, 2012

A Bit of Green

It's January.  Which usually means cold & snowy.  Last year it was VERY snowy here.  As in if we don't see any snow this January you won't hear much complaining around here! In the last 3 weeks of January last year we had somewhere around 7(maybe it was 8?) snow days.  It was crazy!

This year, so far, we  have been very fortunate.  Even that sentence sounds funny considering we have had 10 "snow" days so far this year!  3 due to Hurricane Irene which delayed the start of school for 3 days.  Then, we had the "Halloween" Storm. That was dreadful.  7 days of school missed due to no power.  Ugh!

Right now though, there is no snow on the ground at this point.  I am a-ok with this fact!

I went out wandering in the yard with Lucy today and took a walk through our veggie garden.

And what did I find?  I found the green tops of the celery still green!  Amazing.


potd #10.  What hardy little celery greens I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment