Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Songs

We try to go to church every Sunday.  We do a pretty good job of getting there most weeks.

Mostly if we miss it's because we have another commitment that coincides with church.  Every now & again we will take a week off.  Though I try to make sure that is not often.

I really enjoy the church we attend.  It is a Baptist church one town over.  It is not a southern Baptist church.  Ours belongs to the Conservative Baptist Association of America.

Our pastor is amazing.  He is extremely smart and really makes Sunday school & the Sunday morning service a pleasure to attend.  I always feel like I've learned something from Sunday school.  And his sermon is always very applicable to every day life.

There are wonderful people who attend our church.  My sissy & her family attend. They've been attending for quite awhile.  We started attending sporadically when I was pregnant and then more regularly when the girls were babies.

One of my favorite things about church is the music.   We have a great worship team.  My nephew, J plays guitar every week and my niece, K sings on a regular basis.

I have decided to make my post each Sunday about the music we sang in church that morning.

This weeks songs were:
Everlasting
The Power of the Cross
Heaven's Gates
In Christ Alone
Ancient Words

All are really wonderful songs.

The lyrics to In Christ Alone are especially helpful to me when going through difficult times.  D has taught herself to play part of this on the piano.  She does this completely by ear.

Last fall my dad's sister passed away.  I was very close to her.  About 2 hours before I got the call from my dad to let me know that she had passed, I was having a really hard time.  Doing a lot of crying.

Next thing I know D sits at the piano and starts playing parts of In Christ Alone.  Of course, I cried even harder.  Not just for my sadness but also at the sweetness of my own daughter trying to comfort me through music.  I still tear up thinking about that moment.

for your enjoyment.  In Christ Alone by Keith & Kristyn Getty.

pics from our day:
E & friend M.  M came over today to play.  The girls spent 2 hours outside playing!

Peek-a-boo!

E.  Snow Girl.

all 3 girls by their snow pyramid creation.  Great use of the beach pails!

potd #20.  A snow pyramid.  Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment