Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Busy Day. Big Haircut.

Today was a very busy day.

My sissy has Mondays & Wednesdays off of work, which means we get to hang out together.  Mostly we run errands/shop, but sometimes we get crafty.  We really should craft more.  Another goal for me this year: craft more with sissy!

So, today we dropped the girls off at school & then ran errands/hit some after Christmas sales.  Let's just say we both got lots of great things at Target for not a lot of money.  We even bought things we are going to craft with.....project to be shown at a much later date.  Probably closer to next Christmas.

There were of course some necessary errands:  BJ's to get dog food for sissy's dog, Jack & somehow we got roped into stopping at a sporting goods store to pick up ski gloves for sissy's son, J.

Then, once sissy and I were done shopping, I was off & running.  My schedule from 3:30-5:30 included picking the girls up from school, driving 25 min in the direction of my sissy's for the girls to get their haircut, to driving back home and then leaving the house a mere 5 minutes after arriving home to only head back in sissy's direction to pick her up & head to knitting from 6-8:30.  Phew, I am tuckered out!

Good thing I've got a butt warmer in my car, cause baby it was cold out today!  It certainly made the time I spent in the car a lot more pleasant on this very, very cold day.

Now, onto the big haircut.

My daughter, E has been growing her hair for about 10 months to get the right length to donate through Pantene's Beautiful Lengths Program.  She needed to have 8 inches of hair before we could cut it and she didn't want it to end up too short.

So, today we finally went to cut it.  She really likes her long hair, so while she was glad she grew it to donate she was a little sad about losing the length.  I am happy because boy has it become harder & harder to keep snarl free.

And, the best thing is that hair grows back!

Here is E before the cut

Our hairdresser, T making the measurement

After the cut of the ponytails & now styling the new do

Just about done and T is making E feel better about her short hair!  Thanks T!

I am so proud of E for donating her hair.  And let's just say there's already talk about growing it again and making a second donation.  Way to go E!

I didn't get a good after shot.  Time was flying & I needed to get them home so I could head out to knitting.

Looks like a good after shot may just be my potd(picture of the day) tomorrow.  

Now I am off to be a couch potato and surf Pinterest.......

2 comments:

  1. Way to go E!!!! What a beautiful jester and for a great cause!! One lucky child or person will have your georgeous hair!!! YOU ROCK!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is finally used to her hair being short!! thanks aunt cindy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete