Monday, January 9, 2012

Monday, Monday

Ah, Monday why do you come so quickly?  I was really enjoying my weekend when you so rudely interrupted.  Oh, well!

During the week between Christmas-New Year's, hubby tied 2 big branches to the two corners of our deck.  From them we hung a couple bird feeders and a couple suet feeders.

It's been quite fun to watch the birds come and visit us.  We get house finch, chickadees, titmouse, downy woodpeckers, and another type of woodpecker that is a bit larger(haven't figured out what kind it is yet).

I tried taking pictures yesterday of the birds visiting us, but I was not stealthy enough.  Today, I was a bit more stealthy and got a couple of shots this morning.

pretty house finch perched on one of the branches

downy woodpecker eating some suet. yum!  potd #8

Funny how watching these birds bring such joy to us.  Sometimes it's just the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment