Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Back to Life, Back to Reality.

Today was a good day.  Though it started very very slow.
It was the 1st day back to school after Christmas break for my daughters, E & D.

Let's just say it took a little coaxing to get them up & out of bed.  And I definitely needed my 2 cups of coffee this morning!  Why is it so easy to ease into the sleeping in that always happens with vacations?  Even if they're just a week long?

When all was said & done: breakfast was eaten, lunches made, new clothes were put on & new locker goodies were packed up and both were off to school with smiles on their faces.  Yay, I am so glad that went well!

So, now that vacation is over I too must get back into the routine of cooking dinner again.  I like cooking, really I do.  I just never feel like I have enough time to do it!

So, since I love Pinterest so much I decided to make a crockpot chicken recipe I had pinned.

It is called Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken.  It is delicious!  And easy!

Mix up some salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder & thyme.

Chop up 2-3 stalks celery & 1 onion.  Place in bottom of crockpot.

Rub spice mixture over chicken.  Place in crockpot.  I placed mine breast down.
Cook 5-6 hours on high.

When it was done cooking, the meat was falling off the bones.  It was so moist & absolutely delicious.
Served it with Uncle Ben's Wild Rice, baked sweet potato, and some cranberry sauce.  

Here is a link to the blog where I found the complete recipe.  In D's words 1/2 way through dinner, "Mom, you need to make this every week!".  E just kept asking for more cranberry sauce!  She loved the chicken too, but if I let her she would eat 2 cans of the cranberry sauce.  No lie.

Sorry, in my delight of how delicious & moist it came out I forgot to take a picture of the final product.  Never mind that my fingers were too busy picking pieces off the platter while my hubby was attempting to carve it!

So, if you're looking for an easy yummy chicken, make this ASAP!

1 comment: