Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Blog Story

A quote from the movie Ghost Town:
         "We just get the one life, you know. Just one. You can't live someone else's or think it's   more important just because it's more dramatic. What happens matters. May be only to us, but it matters." 



This quote was included in a Christmas letter from my husband's aunt a couple years ago.  As soon as I read it, something about the words really impacted me.


It really is true---you get one life to live.  Everything that happens in our lives really does matter.  The good, the bad, & the ugly.  Everything that happens makes us/shapes us into the people we are at this particular point in our lives.  Everything that will happen to us in the future contributes to the people that we become.


I lost my mom to cancer when I was 16.  That matters a whole lot.  So much so, that I know that I would not be the person I am today if that had not happened.  The wife I am, the mother I am, the sister I am, the daughter I am, the friend I am all are related to that event in my life.


Part of the reason for me starting this blog was to try to take that step and document the things in my life that I feel matter.  From the little to the big, fun to not so fun and all things in between.  


Because you just never know what life has in store and I want to be able to appreciate the things that happen in my life.  Whether I like them or not.


Because, what happens matters.  


And that is the story of how I came up with my blog title.


2 little girls who matter very much.


And now onto Lucy.


She is my buddy at night on the couch.  She "asks" to come up next to me every night when I settle down after putting the girls to bed.  


Usually she settles on the other end and sleeps the night away with her head on a pillow.  But every now & then, she will cuddle up right next to me.  Even trying to lay her head on my lap where I have my laptop.  She's very funny when she is looking for snuggles.  


On a cold winter night, it is very nice to have her snuggled up next to me.  She is a true Golden Retriever.  She is full of love.


at the other end of the couch.  posing.


potd #17.  love those eyes.



2 comments: